Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting ready for 3 days on the bus



Colin and I had a couple of very relaxing days in Saint John New Brunswick. We slept in both yesterday and today. Yesterday we stayed in our room all day and then headed to the hotel restaurant for dinner (fish and chips, yummy!)While there Clare came in and was obviously feeling under the weather. As it turns out she ended up with the stomach bug. So far, 6 people on our bus ended up with it :( Clare asked John and I to take care of things on the bus as we rode to the theatre. John was in charge of directions and she gave him a map and I was in charge of making sure everyone was on the bus before we left. Well, things didn't turn out quite as planned lol! John followed the map but unfortunately there was a mistake on it so we went around in circles a couple of times before we made it to the theatre. I checked to make sure that everyone was on the bus that was supposed to. Some of the cast already told Clare that they would meet us at the theatre but when I did a head count I realized Adam was missing. We waited 8 minutes and then we all decided that he probably went ahead with some of the others and left. In my defense, Clare told me to have the bus leave at 7pm! LOL! As it turned out Adam thought bus call was at 7:15 so he missed the bus. He ended up calling a taxi to get to the theatre which had we all known we could've picked him up on our second time passing the hotel trying to find the theatre haha! I have a feeling Clare won't be asking John and me for favors anytime soon lol!
Some of the cast and musicians on the bus decided to fly home early this morning and then fly directly to Gainesville FL on Thursday. They weren't up for the 3 day busride from Canada to Florida. Can't say as I blame them but Colin and I opted for the bus (We'd have to pay for our own flights home and then to Gainesville) Hopefully it won't be as terrible as it seems. We can really stretch out on the bus seeing as half of the people won't be on it. We're just hoping that no one else gets sick because that busride would be torture for them if they do. (For my luck I'll be the one to get sick next!)
Colin and I hungout in our room again all day today and are watching the Superbowl now. Luckily, we have a big flatscreen tv in our room. Colin is ecstatic because his team is ahead and there is only a little of 5 minutes left in theh game. I myself am a little disappointed. The canadian commercials are nothing like the ones in the states. That's the only thing I really like about the super bowl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy & Collin, Enjoy the 3 day bus ride back to Sunny Flordia! We are counting the days until you and Collin get home!!! GO STEELERS!! See ya soon,Tom

Olivertour08 said...

Thanks Tom! Colin was absolutely thrilled when the steelers won! I have to admit i even got into the game! We're really looking forward to coming home and seeing all of you! 24 more days!!!