Friday, September 12, 2008

Things are getting exciting!!!


















Today, the cast did a run through of Act 1 in costume. It was so exciting to see everyone in costume, with lights and sound. It's amazing how quickly this show came together. I can't even begin to tell you all how proud I am of Colin and how happy I am that our family made the decision to allow Colin to do this. I can honestly say that I have never seen Colin so happy! He is enjoying every minute of this and loves all of the other castmembers. This is such an incredible opportunity and we both are so appreciative that we have been given this chance.

The boys have been squeezing in time with their tutor, Kevin, doing schoolwork. Kevin has been wonderful with the boys. He makes sure that they get all of the time needed for school and also makes sure that they have time to be kids. He's great about getting them outside to run off some of their energy during dinner break : ) Kevin's worked on several tours and is teaching the boys not only in the regular school subjects, but also the rules of theatre. Colin's especially impressed that Kevin tutored on the set of I Carly!

Tomorrow is a full dress rehearsal, Saturday will be a preview and Sunday they will do a run through which will be taped for commercials which will be shown in each city they are performing in. We leave Monday for Fresno and opening night is Tuesday!!!

We've both really enjoyed getting to know all of the people we are traveling with. It is so incredible to watch the people that we have gotten to know turn into their character(s) on stage! They are truly an amazingly talented group! I'm so thrilled that Colin has these people to look up to and learn from.

We haven't done any sightseeing here, but are hoping to do so once we hit some of the more populated areas. Sue, John(the other parents), and I all get along real well and are having a great time together. I feel so fortunate that I am traveling with the two of them. I know our families will stay close forever after this tour!

I'll keep you all posted within the next couple of days!
Thanks so much for checking in : )
Missy

No comments: