Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Well our time in NY is winding down. Tonight will be our last night at the apt. Tomorrow night we head to Newark NJ to spend our last few nights in a hotel. Then we have to learn the whole train transportation thing! lol! Luckily John and Quentin have been staying at the same hotel, so we'll just follow them around! They've got it down pat by now.

The boys started school with the tutor yesterday. They need a minimum of 15 hours a week of school. Colin will be following Gananda's curriculum so he can go right into the classroom in March.

I went to Macy's today to waste some time while Colin was in school. I just can't get over how huge all of these stores are!! I got my workout today just walking around. NYC just amazes me. I always look out the window of the bus on the way to rehearsal each morning and watch all of the people outside. Everyone is in a rush. I always wonder where they are going and what their story is. Some young professionals dressed to a T, some barely dressed at all, homeless people begging for money, performers doing just about everything in the street to get money(including playing the guitar in their underwear!), people of just about every nationality, it's just crazy! I have to admit it was definitely an experience "living" in NY for 3 weeks!

Tomorrow Colin will be doing an interview with a Binghamton radio station. I'm hoping to videotape it again : )

School started in Gananda today. Morgan had a good first day of school and had her first volleyball scrimmage. I really miss my friends at work. It's strange to think that everyone is back to the school routine while we are roaming the country! We'll be back in that routine soon enough, so we need to enjoy this as much as possible. I doubt we'll ever have an opportunity like this again!

Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing!!!!! Have so much fun! I think about you guys all the time - give my little buddy a hug and tell him I learned Pachbel's Canon and "No One" by Alicia Keys on the piano! XOXO to you too! See you October 19!

Anonymous said...

It looks like tickets go on sale with TicketMaster.com for the Oct 19 performances in Binghamtom tomorrow... mon Sept 15 at 10am.

2 show... 3pm and 7:30pm - get your tickets now!! (that's the right one, right?)