Wednesday, October 15, 2008

























Once the show was over in Casper we had a day off;) Stacie arranged for us all to go rollerskating! We all needed to dress in 1980's clothing! We found a thrift store down the road from the hotel and managed to come up with some pretty unique outfits, lol! I got a boyfriend jacket w/leggings and Colin had the double polo w/ the popped collar working for him. I scrunched my hair like I remember doing a few decades ago and feathered Colins :) Sue had the ultimate hair-she already had a hair appt that day, so she decided to have the hairdresser create an '80s do for her, lol! It was awesome and very big, haha!!! The shuttle from the hotel dropped us off at the rink and as expected we got a few strange looks! Luckily it wasn't very crowded and when the owners found out that the cast/crew of Oliver was there they were very excited. They had us all go into the center of the rink so they could get a group picture to hang up. They also went around getting everyone's autographs(even the parents!)

Skating was a lot tougher than I remember! I had a lot of trouble just keeping myself from falling! I even had the old fashioned wheel skates, not rollerblades. After a few times around the rink I started to get the hang of it, but at that point I was exhausted and just wanted to get the skates off my feet!! All in all it was a lot of fun for all!!

Unfortunately that's where the fun ended. The next morning I woke up with a stomach bug. We're not sure if it was the flu or food poisoning, but whatever it was it was horrible. It was not a good way to start a rough week of traveling! When I got out to the bus, I found that Mikey had the same thing going and Sue started with it later in the day. John's stomach was off all day and then Quentin got sick on the bus! So much fun for all of us! Luckily, Colin never got sick :)

As if that wasn't bad enough, on our way to Great Falls MT our bus broke down about 3 hours away. We had to sit in the bus on the side of a road in the middle of nowhere(Except of course a building that was labeled "Grizzly Encounters"! We waited for 3 hours in the cold for another bus to come and pick us up. Once the bus came we had to move all of our luggage and belongings off our bus onto the other bus. Keep in mind we were still sick at this point! We finally pulled into the hotel at 4am!

I spent the next day in bed until it was time for the show. I still wasn't feeling well but was able to keep some soup and crackers down. After having a little rest in the boys dressing room lying acrossed some chairs, I managed to make it out to watch Act I of the show. I was surprised at how well the cast did after such an exhausting trip.

After the show we started our 1760 mile trip to Owensboro KY! We drove 6 hours the first night. We got into Billings MT after 4am. We slept at the hotel for about 4 hours and then had to get back on the bus. Yesterday we spent a total of 15 hours on the bus and rolled into Sioux City Iowa around 1am. Today we got up and are doing it all again!!

I can't even begin to describe these long bus rides to you. They're just exhausting! We try to sleep as much as possible, but sleeping in a double seat on a bus leaves a little to be desired! My legs are constantly cramping up and I can never seem to get comfortable. I feel so bad for a few of the really tall guys on the bus, they're about 6'5" so their legs have nowhere to go! People stretch their legs across the aisle of the bus which makes getting to the bathroom quite an obstacle course! Some people have it really mastered as they climb from seat to seat to get there! After sleeping as much as possible, we all turn to our computers and books. Once everyone's bored with those, we usually pop in a video. Last night we watched the prequel to The Little Mermaid and tonight we're watching Hocus Pocus once the kids are done with school(They are tutored on the bus for at least 3 hours a day) After the movie,people really start getting antsy. Sometimes games are played, last night it was catchphrase. We also began making bets as to what time we'll actually get to the hotel. I lost out on the pot by 2 minutes last night. Hopefully Colin or I will win tonight : )

Well I think it's time for another nap! I'm still not feeling great so I'm trying to get as much rest as possible. I want to be all better by the time we get to Binghamton so I can enjoy time with our friends and family!!!!!

I haven't been able to upload photos to the blog the last 2 days, so once I can get them to upload I'll add them. Believe me, the ones from the rollerskating party will be well worth the wait lol!

No comments: