Monday, October 27, 2008

We're home!!!!!!!















Tonight I couldn't be happier! I'm sitting on my couch watching tv :) I know it doesn't take much, but after traveling so much it feels so good to be relaxing at home!
We had a nice day on the tour yesterday. The cast performed at Florida State University and we were all treated to a wonderful reception afterwards. They had a wonderful spread for us including shrimp, crab claws, scallops, a huge cheese tray, fruit trays, carving station, dessert table, and unlimited wine and champagne!!! They even had an Oliver ice sculpture! This was provided for us along with many patrons of the theatre. The cast loved signing autographs and posters for all of their fans at the reception.
There was one woman who felt she had to critique the whole show! She told Chaz that his Bumble hat needed to be replaced and said it looked like paper mache and thought Zac was a former student of hers, lol! The topping of the cake was when she thought that I performed as Old Sally!!!!! Of all people she had to think Old Sally was me???!!! LOL! Needless to say we all had quite a chuckle over that ;)
We all were the last to leave(we don't get this too often so we decided to stay til they kicked us out!) We got back to the hotel around midnight hopped in bed, slept for 4 hours and got up in time for our bus to the airport. We were exhausted but too excited to care! Erin kept us very entertained during the busride with her Tweedle Dee impersonation and especially her "Leg up!". She is absolutely hysterical!!
Half of the cast flew to Atlanta together. During the flight we all started thinking about how we're going to miss each other. Sue told me she was already starting with seperation anxiety! We have become such a tight family,we started to think about how tough it will be once the tour actually ends and we all go our own ways.
Steve picked Colin and I up at the airport and we dropped him off at work before heading home. I actually got to drive for the first time in 2 1/2 months!! I never realized how much I would miss such a simple thing as driving! We pulled into the driveway and Colin raced to see Nilla. Nilla seemed to be a little confused upon seeing us, but within minutes she was giving us all sorts of loving! I was delighted to find that Brittany was home. She and Morgan went to see Legally Blonde last night, so she spent the night at home so she could see Colin and I when we got home.
After a much needed nap, I came down to find Morgan home. It was such a great feeling for us all to have dinner around our table as a family. I miss it so much!

No comments: