Friday, January 23, 2009



This week has been quite a whirlwind! After St Louis we headed to Columbia MO, then Burlington IA, on to Muncie IN, and finally here we are in Kalamazoo MI. Last night the kids last tutor's(Kevin)parents came to see the show in Muncie. They stayed to meet the boys and we really enjoyed talking with them. They called Kevin from the theatre and each of the boys were excited to speak with him. Kevin is a great tutor and the boys really miss him. Colin was adament about going out to the bus to find the game Rumis that Kevin left behind in California. Unfortunately it was put under the bus and got a little tossed around, but after searching on hands and knees Colin finally found all of the missing pieces. He felt so much better knowing that Kevin would finally get Rumis back :)
I honestly don't know how the cast pulls off all of these shows! After spending the majority of the day on the bus we get to the hotel, grab a bite to eat and head to the show. On top of that, most of the cast has been fighting off colds and a couple had a stomach bug. It's tough not picking up germs when we're all on a bus together for so long. The boys have it even worse because they have to fit school and homework in. I'm so proud of how seriously Colin has been taking his school work. He got all A's on his report card! I know how exhausted I am by the show and all I have to do is sit and watch it. I have to admit though that I have been taking a few nights off here and there. Tonight Sue and I stayed back and did laundry and rested while John went to the theatre with the boys. Tomorrow is John's turn to stay back and relax.
I'm getting excited because Steve is going to meet us Tuesday in Ogdensburg and then travel to Kingson on Wednesday with us :) Colin and I are really looking forward to spending a couple of days with him. Unfortunately Morgan can't come along because she has midterms scheduled on those days :( We are also thrilled that Cici, Jimmy, and Aunt Carole are coming to the show in Ogdensburg. It's so wonderful for Colin to have family in the audience! Steve's old neighbors from Massena are also coming to that show. It will be nice to see them, we haven't seen them in years.
One of the best parts of this tour is the time that Colin and I spend alone in our room. We will just talk for hours about things. We each sympathize with whatever the other is going through and open up about all of our feelings. It's great therapy! I wish I would've had that much time alone with both of my girls without all of the daily activities and things butting in. One thing that I'm dreading about going back home is when he turns into the typical middle schooler! He opens up with me so much now, I truly hope that will continue.

No comments: