Friday, January 16, 2009

Waukegan IL and Lima OH





We're all getting a little tired out from these one nighters! Our days have been consisting of waking up, packing our suitcases, loading the bus, 300+ mile trip, check in to the hotel, head to the theatre for sound check and then the show, go back to the hotel, shower, sleep, wake up and do it all over again in a different city. At least the adults get to sleep on the bus, I feel so bad for the kids who have to have school and then homework.

After St Charles we headed to Waukegan IL. Colin and I were excited to see my brother at the show. Mark has been working about an hour away and was able to drive up to see the show for a second time(He also saw the show in Binghamton) It was so nice having family there. Colin and I both really appreciated that Mark drove in snowy and extremely cold weather to come see us! I also appreciated that Mark had a glass of wine waiting for me in the lounge ;)

This morning we loaded the bus and headed to Lima OH. I was planning on relaxing in our hotel room once we got there, but changed my mind when I learned that a few of the understudies were going on. It's always a lot of fun to watch the understudies have their turn in the limelight. Tonight Erin wowed us as Nancy! She did an amazing job and we were all very proud of her! Michelle also did a fantastic job as Mrs Sowerberry. She looked so confident on stage even though she only had one rehearsal to learn the part! Ashley was hilarious as Old Sally and sounded beautiful as the strawberry seller. That girl is so talented! She can jump in any role and do it amazingly!

I had a chance to chat with the house manager at the theatre before the show. He told me that he was in a community theatre that is also putting on Oliver and he is playing Fagin. He said that many castmates were coming to watch the show. After the show the boys were delighted to find that the other Oliver cast was waiting outside the dressing rooms to meet them. Colin got to meet the boy who is playing Dodger in the other show along with their Oliver, Nancy, Mr&Mrs Sowerberry, Widow Corney, Fagin's gang members and their director. They were wonderful people and we really enjoyed answering all of their questions. By the end of our chat we were wishing that we could have the chance to watch their production.

Tomorrow we are heading to Evansville IN for another one nighter and then head to Paducah KY for two nights!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My pleasure! I so enjoyed seeing the show again - it was very exciting to see the difference in the production since Binghamton - the little nuances that some of the cast shows as they've grown into their roles. You'll be close to Chicago again next month (Merrillville) but unfortunately it's a Sunday night and I'll be home in my own bed ! :-)

Head south and warm up. Temp in Chicago this morning was -21F with a wind chill of -38F!

Olivertour08 said...

Well I don't think it's really unfortunate for you that you'll be home in your bed, lol!! That sounds pretty good to me!
Wow, that weather is crazy! It took forever for the bus to warm up the next morning heading out of there. We all were freezing in our seats. All of our water bottles that we left on the bus were frozen solid!
Thanks again for coming :)

Olivertour08 said...

I was so bummed because I forgot to take your picture with Colin to put on here :(