Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day three

Another long day of rehearsals, but Colin absolutely loves playing the role of Dodger! They worked on "I'd Do Anything" and "It's a fine life" today. The three boys insist on having lunch at Subway each day to see if they can win anything with the subway scrabble game. Colin and I try a different sub each day. I am hoping to lose the weight like that guy on tv who only ate Subway, haha! It just doesn't seem to be working yet, lol!

Colin is excited because he and the boy who play Oliver were asked to do a phone interview with a Bakersfield CA. radio show on Friday. That should be interesting, lol!

Each day Colin meets more people in his cast and loves all of them. They all seem incredibly talented(The other parents and me sit in the hall and try to listen in, lol!) While they are rehearsing we there are many auditions going on in the rooms around them. It is so interesting to watch actors come and go at auditions. The look of fear on their face when they go into the room and the complete relief on their face when they leave. It's a really tough business. There are so many talented people and so few get roles.

I am finally starting to get used to the whole routine. This is the first night that I didn't cry so I look at that as an achievement, lol! I felt like a true New Yorker today while I tried to fix a problem I was having with my at&t aircard. I walked all over the city going from one at&t store to the next, hailed a few buses, pushed my way through the crowds on the streets and even yelled at a salesclerk, lol! For those of you who know me well, know I need my internet! When I was having issues with getting it I got very um how should I say it ticked off,haha!

I'm hoping to have more exciting blog posts for you once we start touring, but for now I thought I'd let those of you thinking of doing this know what it's all like. The production company has been absolutely fantastic and accomodating. I am confident that this is going to be an experience that Colin and I will never forget.

Please let us know if you plan on attending one of the performances, so we can make sure to see you after the show!

Thanks for all of your support!
Missy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time! This is something I would love to do in my lifetime. i'm looking forward to starting the theatre club at school, its been too long since my last show.
I am going to try to make a show, either the one in Orono, Me or Lowell, MA.
Keep up the good work Collin!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't cry today! Haha you guys are going to have a blast! I can't wait for the show in Binghamton! Boyfriend says hi...love and miss you both!! :)

Unknown said...

Figures I spent my last two summers in NYC and am stuck in Atlanta this year. When Steve and Morgan come back be sure to go to La Mela for dinner (169 Mulberry Street) and get the family style dinner. Call me or email for other NYC recommendations. Where are you staying?
Talked to my buddy Sam in Orlando today and he'll see you in Lakeland if he can (and if Fay doesn't blow the state away!
In Ocean City - last day of vaca - talk to you soon