Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Halfway there









Today was a perfect day. We got to sleep in late, relax around the apartment and finally get some errands done. Colin didn't need to be at rehearsal til 4 and then was released at 5:30 : ) After looking at the schedule tomorrow (He doesn't have to be in til 2pm) we decided that it would be a perfect night to catch a show. We headed to the TKTS booth at 7:30pm and were able to get tickets to Legally Blonde for half price!
We absolutely loved the show, it was so upbeat and high energy. This was one show that I had planned on seeing in Rochester when it came, but then realized I wouldn't be there. Now, even better, I got to see it on Broadway. It was even better that I watched the whole casting process on MTV (In Search of Elle Woods) so I felt like I knew Elle! It was pretty incredible to watch someone go through all of the auditioning and then finally see her as the star up on stage!
I have to say that I am quite proud of myself, lol! I never dreamed that I would be tromping through NYC for three weeks. To think that I found my way to get tickets to a show, go see the show, and actually find my way home at 10:30pm is something for me! I wasn't even nervous haha! Actually it was wild how bright it was when we got out of the show. It seemed so much earlier than it was with all of the bright lights in Times Square. Now I see why they say that it's the city that never sleeps. It was just as crowded at 10:30 at night as it is 10:30 during the day!
It's hard to believe that we have already spent half of our time in NY! We leave for California a week from Monday!
Thanks for checking in!
Missy and Colin

3 comments:

Emily said...

OMG OMG u guys!!!!! I <3 legally blond and I <3 Baily! How was she? Was she totally awesome!?!?!?! I saw it on broadway with the original Elle but I really wanna see Baily. Well at least Lauren and Rhianna are coming here! (I think)

Olivertour08 said...

Bailey was great in the part, she was the perfect Elle!

Olivertour08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.